Sunday, December 11, 2005
Saturday, November 05, 2005
SRA-102-C, Shipra Riviera
Ph: 0120-2605636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, August 28, 2005
No wonder, a whole lot of artistic possibilities and creative efflorescence come flooding during these week-long festivities. Along with sports events and competitions in traditional arts and amusements, they offer ample recreations as well as cultural inducement to the young and the old alike living in our campus.
While I am beholden to the individuals and institutions for their continued patronage of this annual venture, I invite you all to come forward with open hearts to partake of the Divine benediction and receive inspiration for a life of collaboration, solidarity and harmony.
Sadhan Gopal Das
Shipra Riviera, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad (UP)
Sunday, July 03, 2005
- Born in Varanasi on 15 October 1956, Santosh Verma received his Masters degree in Fine Arts from Benaras Hindu University.
- He is the recipient of some of the most prestigious awards, including the National Akademi Award, AIFACS Award (2000 and 2001), Sahitya Kala Parishad Award (1994) and Bharat Bhavan Award (1992) among others. He was awarded a senior fellowship by the Department of Culture, Government of India.
- He has held numerous exhibitions at the national level, including solo shows at Dhoomimal Art Center, Jehangir Art Gallery and Taj Art Gallery. He has also been involved in a number of prominent group shows. These include “Kite: A Celebration of Freedom” at Habitat Center, organized by Dhoomimal Art Gallery, Delhi ; “Faces behind the Canvas”, Sarjan Art Gallery, Baroda, “Contemporary Artists of Uttar Pradesh”, etc.
- In a period spanning more than a decade, he has successfully participated in several exhibitions across the country that include National Exhibition, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Lalit Kala Akademi Golden Jubilee Celebrations, 2004, Bharat Bhavan,Bhopal, AIFACS and many more.
- His works are part of the collections of National Gallery of Modern Art, Delhi, Lalit Kala Akademi, Sahitya Kala Parishad and several other institutions in India and abroad.
The pristine manifestation of the ‘irreal’ unfolds. The opulence of light transforms space into a kaleidoscopic exuberance,giving a sense of the overwhelming infinitude, a pervading cosmic canopy. Amid the vibrant interplay of light and form, a glimpse of the ethereal sublimity. Santosh Verma’s paintings translate this joyful exaltation of the abstract, as they explore the intense dynamism and beauty of the psyche.