- Born in Varanasi on 15 October 1956, Santosh Verma received his Masters degree in Fine Arts from Benaras Hindu University.
- He is the recipient of some of the most prestigious awards, including the National Akademi Award, AIFACS Award (2000 and 2001), Sahitya Kala Parishad Award (1994) and Bharat Bhavan Award (1992) among others. He was awarded a senior fellowship by the Department of Culture, Government of India.
- He has held numerous exhibitions at the national level, including solo shows at Dhoomimal Art Center, Jehangir Art Gallery and Taj Art Gallery. He has also been involved in a number of prominent group shows. These include “Kite: A Celebration of Freedom” at Habitat Center, organized by Dhoomimal Art Gallery, Delhi ; “Faces behind the Canvas”, Sarjan Art Gallery, Baroda, “Contemporary Artists of Uttar Pradesh”, etc.
- In a period spanning more than a decade, he has successfully participated in several exhibitions across the country that include National Exhibition, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Lalit Kala Akademi Golden Jubilee Celebrations, 2004, Bharat Bhavan,Bhopal, AIFACS and many more.
- His works are part of the collections of National Gallery of Modern Art, Delhi, Lalit Kala Akademi, Sahitya Kala Parishad and several other institutions in India and abroad.
The pristine manifestation of the ‘irreal’ unfolds. The opulence of light transforms space into a kaleidoscopic exuberance,giving a sense of the overwhelming infinitude, a pervading cosmic canopy. Amid the vibrant interplay of light and form, a glimpse of the ethereal sublimity. Santosh Verma’s paintings translate this joyful exaltation of the abstract, as they explore the intense dynamism and beauty of the psyche.
Sunday, July 03, 2005
Studio: SRB-94-B, Shipra Riviera, Indirapuram. Ph: 0120-2606484
Indirapuram was planned and conceived as an ambitious project by the GDA years ago, but it did not take off because of lack of infrastructural facilities. Many residential colonies built by the GDA were lying unsold and abandoned. Though pivotally situated amidst Noida, Ghaziabad and east Delhi, the area used to wear a deserted look.
And then came Shri Harpal Singh. With his daring vision, Shri Harpal Singh worked upon a semi-built LIG colony built by the GDA and transformed it into Shipra Riviera, a sprawling residential complex with all modern facilities. Through innovative marketing strategies, the project became an instant success and within a year, nearly 1000 families found their homes, thanks to Shri Harpal Singh.
Now, of course, Indirapuram has become the most sought after destination within the National Capital Region and a large number of real estate companies have set up their apartment complexes and Malls. Still, Shri Harpal Singh can really be described as the founder of Indirapuram , but for whose catalytic role the development of the area and its adjoining colonies would not have taken place so rapidly.
Although, the untimely demise of Shri Harpal Singh robbed the residents of Shipra Riviera, of a friend and a well wisher, his memory lingers in the popular imagination.
Friday, December 11, 1998Shipra Group after the successful launch of Shipra Riviera Group is set to launch another project in real estate and development, Shipra Sun City. Shipra Group entered the real estate market in 1995 and has now become Rs 100-crore group. It aims to achieve a target of 150 crore in the next year. According to Mr Harpal Singh, Chairman of the company the group is first to have forged a joint venture with the Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA). According to the accord, the land has been provided by the GDA and all other external amenities like electricity and water will also be provided. Shipra Group has chain of hotels in Delhi, Ghaziabad, Noida, Mussourie and Dehradun.
Shipra Sun City, in all its glory, is The vision realised of Harpal Singh, Chairman Shipra Group. Mr. Harpal Singh believes, "Dreams should not be sold in blue prints, but in their full alive and magnificent form. Precisely why, at Shipra, we sell a project only when its ready for a customer to move in." According to Mr Harpal Singh an absolute no-compromise has been maintained in terms of quality and design, based on Vastu Shastra. Entire colony gives a very open and healthy feeling. Each flat in Shipra Sun City carries the hallmarked functionality of Shipra. The rooms have been kept spacious and airy with ample gap between different rows of houses. The kitchen each flat in Shipra Sun City carries the hallmarked functionality of Shipra. The rooms have been kept spacious and airy with ample gap between different rows of houses. The kitchen and bathrooms use the finest marble and are dream come true for a housewife. The city itself is fully self-contained with its own space for shopping. A fully air conditioned departmental store is opening soon within the complex. Special care has been taken to maintain the greenery within the city. In fact two-third of the space has been left open which includes parks & parking space.Beside real estate the Group also has diversified interests in hospitality industry. The group is running successfully a chain of hotels in Delhi, Noida, Mussoorie and Ghaziabad. With such multifarious activities and achievements Shipra is today a name synonym with quality and reliability. dailyexcelsior.com/00june14